Working from heights, especially on roofs, can be extremely dangerous. One of the most effective solutions to reduce the risks of falls is using edge protection systems (EPS). These are barriers or guardrail systems that you can attach to the edge of a roof to prevent falls. Are you looking for a reliable temporary edge protection supplier to meet your construction needs in Melbourne? Trust Rapid Height Safety Systems to offer you effective height safety solutions to help your construction team stay safer on site. This article discusses why EPS panels are essential.
What you should know about using EPS panels
- According to the Australian Occupational Health and Safety standards, edge protection systems are necessary whenever there is a risk of falling from a height exceeding 2 metres. Ignoring these regulations can attract heavy fines.
- Construction managers must install appropriate safety systems when they discover potential fall hazards.
- The installation position of EPS panels may depend on several metrics, such as roof layout, nature of construction work, and type of guardrail. Always check with our experienced EPS company for recommendations on the best systems that suit your unique situation.
- Builders, roofers, and electricians can use edge protection to avoid height-related accidents. Roofing work is responsible for 76% of deaths in residential construction. As OSHA studies have revealed, using the right safety equipment reduces risks by 50%.
How your workers and contractors can prioritise safety with EPS panel
- Construction workers must comply with safety instructions and follow reasonable workplace health and safety procedures.
- As an employer, you are accountable for building a conducive working environment, so assess the risks of falls and work with our EPS supplier to counteract the dangers.
- Contractors and employers must enforce regulations and industry codes, creating safer platforms for working on high-risk projects.
Why choose Rapid Post Edge Protection Equipment
- Our systems come in single, double, and triple-height protection, and they don’t require drilling to erect. This makes installation easier as you don’t need to tamper with your concrete.
- Rapid’s standard support systems are flexible and practical for single-edge protection in areas like slab edges, I-beams, and parapets.
- You can mount our dual-purpose EPS onto concrete timber structures. Rapid Height Safety can cater to your needs, whether single or double-height barriers.
- Our company offers the best EPS systems, designed and tested to the highest safety standards. Irrespective of the complexity of the surface or edge type you are dealing with, Rapid’s professional and well-trained installation specialists will ensure you get the right protection solutions for the job.
Best practices for using our EPS Panel safely
EPS panel installation requires proper planning, execution, and inspection to stay effective and compliant. Here are some tips for using our edge protection systems safely.
Choose the right system
Different EPS structures have their pros and cons. Guardrails, for instance, may not work well for curved or irregular surfaces; likewise, nets can catch falling objects but may impact visibility. Partner with us; we will help you choose the right EPS structure. This can help your workers perform your tasks without fear of falling.
Follow manufacturer guidelines
Regardless of how good a product is, improper installation and maintenance can reduce its function. Therefore, following the manufacturer’s instructions is essential to correctly maintain the system. It helps to inspect your EPS before and after work, verifying that they are stable and secure.
Teach workers how to access the system
You must educate workers about the features and functions of your EPS panels, ensuring they understand how to access and exit the system safely.
Benefits of Using Rapid Height Safety EPS Panel
Here are some benefits of using our edge protection systems:
Thanks to their simple design, you can easily install Rapid’s cutting-edge edge protection systems 50% faster than what you may get from other brands. This will save time and labour.
Customisable EPS Panel solutions
Our edge protection equipment easily fits into tight spaces. However, if you require a custom-built solution, you will find one to match your project site.
Get extra training and support
We can provide your team with further training and customer support to ensure everything works safely. Benefit from our unmatched 24/7 customer support.
Rapid edge protection systems and installation procedures fully comply with the Safe Work Australia Section NZS 4994.1 standards.
Investing in EPS solutions that exceed engineering compliance will guarantee safety. So feel free to talk to us now about your requirements. For more enquiries, contact us!